Rainforest Alliance Certification
The Rainforest Alliance seal promotes collective action for people and nature. It amplifies and reinforces the beneficial impacts of responsible choices, from farms and forests all the way to the supermarket and check-out. The seal allows our customers to recognize and choose products that contribute toward a better future for people and planet.
The seal means that the certified product or ingredient was produced using methods that support the three pillars of sustainability: social, economic, and environmental - as rated by independent, third-party auditors.
Fairtrade is a global organization working to secure a better deal for small-scale farmers and workers. The FAIRTRADE Mark is one of the world's most recognized and trusted ethical product labels. It indicates that the producer at the start of the supply chain was paid and treated fairly.
Products bearing one of the FAIRTRADE Marks meet the economic, social, and environmental criteria defined by the Fairtrade Standards. When you buy products with this logo, you support farmers and workers as they improve their lives and their communities.
This seal is applied to products to help consumers identify organic products compliant with Canadian organic regulations.
The use of the organic logo is only permitted on products that have an organic content that is greater than or equal to 95% and have been certified according to the requirements of teh Canadian Organic Regime.
Swiss Water Process
This certification indicates a caffeine-free, chemical free, Swiss Water® processed coffee. The Swiss Water® Process is certified organic and represents a commitment to processing without added chemicals.
The Swiss Water process uses only water, temperature, and time to gently remove caffeine, while preserving all the coffee's original characteristics. This seal means you're getting the very best cup of decaf, free of chemicals or residual processing flavours.
Trees For The Future
We apply the Trees for the Future logo to our Sierra Verde coffee. This partnership provides a portion of coffee sales directed to help support the organizations efforts to replant Forest Gardens that benefit thousands of farming families across five countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
For every pound sold of our Sierra Verde coffee, we plant two trees in developing countries around the world. To date, we have planted over 1 million trees.
The Trees for the Future program is currently focused on the implementation of Forest Garden Programs in Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda, and Tanzania, as these are areas where the biggest impact is occuring.
Native Energy (a certified B Corporation) has worked with hundreds of organizations to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress around the world.
We apply the Bullfrog Power logo throughout our marketing materials and packaging collateral to help raise awareness about our longstanding partnerships with this certified B corporation.
Bullfrog Power is a Canadian green energy retailer that offers green electricity from renewable energy sources, such as wind and low impact hydro as well as green fuel and green natural gas, a renewable biogas product that serves as an alternative to fossil fuel-based natural gas.
Bullfrog only sources electricity from generation sources that meet or exceed the federal government's Environmental Choice program. Bullfrog's green natural gas product is produced at facilities that have met environmental standards as defined by ICF International.
Biotre2.0 by PBI
Our retail coffee bags (12oz) carry the Biotre seal. The Biotre™ material provides us with a compostable and biodegradable packaging solution.
Biotre™ coffee bags are made from 60% (by weight) renewable plant-based resources and the remaining 40% breaks down into healthy compost using processes from OECD and conditions taken from ASTM standards. The material is earth friendly and heat sealable keeping the roasted coffee beans as fresh as possible. There are two versions of Biotre™, 1.0 and 2.0. Our 12oz bags are made using the 2.0 option.
The Kashruth Council of Canada (COR) is a not for profit community based organization which is Canada's largest kosher certifier and a leader in the global kosher industry.
All of our coffee products are Kosher certified and feature this symbol on our packaging.
The COR symbol is trusted by consumers the world over as it notifies them that a particular product is in full compliance with the highest kosher standards.
Food Safety & Operations Certifications
Beyond the certifications we work with, to ensure our supply chain and operations are as sustainable as possible, we also maintain Food Safety certifications through SQF.